About Me

My photo
As a youth art educator, I am self-motivated, dependable with extensive experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds including formal and informal: public schools, museums, community art centers, recreation centers, and camps. I have always had an interest in education and learning through art and in 2010, I pursued my Masters of Science in Art Education at Rochester Institute of Technology and certification to teach in New York State. This intense, lengthy process involved both the classroom and 12 weeks of student teaching. This expanded my philosophy of education and ideas about learning. I believe in curricular integration and lessons plans in art education relating to core subjects. Also, developing research strategies and curriculum planning focusing on projects is an asset of mine. Being an art educator I am always thinking creatively and adapting to new situations and have the ability to take the initiative.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

STEAM

I don't think ART should be left out of the school system or cut as a subject in elementary or high schools. ART is a powerful way we can help our students build their creativity and solve problems. 

STEAM
"In this climate of economic uncertainty, America is once again turning to innovation as the way to ensure a prosperous future.
Yet innovation remains tightly coupled with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – the STEM subjects. Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.
We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM."

http://stemtosteam.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment